Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Mission, God, and Me.

I had a great day today, and got some things done! In fact, I was able to go to my doctor's appointment for my mission papers! I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and my plan is to serve a mission for the year-and-a-half that young women are able to. I am so excited!

This will be me. \/  :)
Learn more about Mormon missionaries!
I can't turn in my paperwork until January, four months before I am actually able to leave, so I've still got at least a month before I find out where I go. Honestly though, I would be good with anywhere! I'm to the point where I really have a desire to go and serve Christ. I want to put my life on hold, and dedicate every waking hour to Him.

This may sound cliche to some people, because whenever I heard someone say that, I felt the same way-- it was just the same old thing, and couldn't possibly be what they were really thinking about. But over the past couple weeks as I've searched for what I am supposed to do, and whether going on a mission is the right path to choose, I have also gotten that desire! It's an answer to my prayers. I saw those other girls who only wanted to serve God, and I envied that. And now He's given it to me! I'm going, baby, and nothings going to stop me. 

---
On a completely different note, as I was on my way to play phone tag with some friends (which was SO fun, especially because we ended it with a nerf war :D) I found this awesome light display. I feel this may be something that one could only find in Mountain Home Idaho and I had a good laugh about it. Here's a representation of my hometown:
If you can't tell, it's a tractor made of Christmas lights. I honestly wonder where people get these ideas.. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment