Thursday, December 20, 2012

It's Started! or should I say Continuing?

Now that the class which started my blog is over, I've decided I may as well keep it up! We'll see how long this new-found desire stays, but for now I shall be posting about whatever the heck I feel like!

I'm not going to have a specific theme, until I've figured out what I want to do with this thing. I like the previous idea of analyzing what I've read or watched, and then telling how I felt and relating it to some deep philosophical idea, BUT I also like the idea of just having a carefree telltale about what goes on in my life! Especially with all the awesome things I have planned for the holidays.. :D So you can look forward to a short excerpt of my Christmas break throughout the coming weeks!

To start off, I'd like you to meet my parents:


This picture (taken today) is a great representation of both of them. My dad, with his surprising sense of humor and my mom as she studiously studies her scriptures. I love them both, and am happy that I get to be with them and just them for the holidays this year!

I know I keep mentioning this, but I am SO excited for the upcoming week. I've got so much planned! You'll be seeing a lot of my awesome activities (assuming I follow through with my plans) as I shall be posting all about 'em!

Before I go, I'd just like to post a picture of our tree that we put up today. Honestly this is mainly so that I can remember when I look back.. because for me, a Christmas tree is a big deal! In my family, we saw quite a few Christmases go by without a tree in our house, and that was something that I really missed having. It's not Christmas without one! So here it is-- our Christmas tree in all its glory, minus the ornaments.

We certainly piled the lights on; there is probably around six or seven strands of lights on it. But I think it's fantastic, especially because my dad helped me with it! There's only one thing better than getting a tree for Christmas, and that's having my dad help me trim it!


No comments:

Post a Comment